Sunday, June 15, 2008

Oops, I did it again!

Malaysia Airlines is currently offering RM0 on 1000000 (yes, 6 zeroes) free seats. I have been hesitating of purchasing the MAS ticket for December, just in case RBA will offer a better Bluesky fare. But the Bluesky fares for December are still not out yet.

After several days of calculation, budgeting, consideration and prediction, I have finally decided to purchase a return ticket to KL on MAS. I didnt however get the FREE seat on the Brunei-KL leg, but the KL back to Brunei is RM0. Total cost after taxes and surcharge is B$346. Fuel charges nowadays are sky-rocketed high.

Travelling on AirAsia may be cheaper but it will be a bit troublesome for connecting flights on other airlines. AirAsia uses the Low Cost Terminal, and the transportaion to the main termianl may be time consuming for connecting flights. By the way, it is only B$50 extra to travel on MAS vs AirAsia.
KL will just be a transit point for me. This 'troublesome' way of buying tickets still works out cheaper than I buy a direct ticket from Brunei to Europe or Middle East.

So, where am I going in December? KL for sure. As for other continuing destinations, I am still undecided till September, based on several factors. So at this moment, I am very sure to answer "KL and beyond".

No comments: