Friday, June 27, 2008

Controlling Anger -- Before It Controls You


Before I went to bed last night, I was remembering the things that pissed me off recently.

1) My appointment with the car service agent
2) My so-called friend who has neuroticism
3) My irritating colleague who gets irritated easily
4) Holiday interupted by work
5) ATMs ran out of cash.....

and the list goes on

I was imagining the different scenarios and how I would react when confronted face-to-face. The imagination was so vivid that I felt so angry at 1am. Not only I couldn't sleep, I felt feverish warm.

Anger is "an emotional state that varies in intensity from mild irritation to intense fury and rage," according to Charles Spielberger, PhD, a psychologist who specializes in the study of anger. Like other emotions, it is accompanied by physiological and biological changes; when you get angry, your heart rate and blood pressure go up, as do the levels of your energy hormones, adrenaline, and noradrenaline.

Hahaha No wonder!

No comments: