Thursday, June 26, 2008

Kiss my butt

Before I start writing a complaint, you must be wondering why I don’t write to the company directly.

If I write to the manager, he most probably will ignore my letter, as he doesn’t want to get involved. Maybe, the manager would like to have a good rapport with the employees for their so-called teamwork.

If I write to the bosses, they will be too busy to entertain complaints.

If I write to the car manufacturer, they might not even care about it as they are more interested in sales volume.

If I write to the opinion page in the newspaper, it will be edited to disguise the identity of the dealer.

So here it goes:

Characters
Me – Charles Lim
S1 – Male employee 1
S2 – Male Employee 2

I made an appointment to have my car serviced about 2 weeks ago. The lady on the phone told me to come in at 8.30am on 26 June 2008.

26 June 2008 @ Car Service Centre

8.30am
S1 : Service or repair?
Me: I have an appointment at 8.30am for car service.
S1: (Filling in the service form) So, are you waiting or leave the car here?
Me: I’ll wait.
S1: But Sir, we are very busy this morning. There are 20 cars before you. If you wait, you may have to wait till 12.
S2 : (Interrupting the conversation). Can you come back this afternoon?
Me: What time do you open in the afternoon?
S2: 1pm. But if you come at 2pm, we can do your car.
Me: (Reluctantly and a bit pissed off). Okay, I will come back at 2pm

2pm

S1: I am sorry, Sir. There are still 12 cars before you. Can you come back tomorrow?
Me: (Not surprised). So what time tomorrow?
S1: Anytime tomorrow.
Me: Anytime? 5am, 6am or midnight? (Sarcastically)
S1: No Sir. About 7.30am
Me: But you open at 8am. Do you want me to wait outside before it is open?
S1: Actually we come in around 730am. But I will put you on the 1st of the list tomorrow. I guarantee!
Me: Really? You know what, I am never happy with your service. Once you guys never checked my battery, and it ran out the following day. Again, once I was waiting there for 2 hours, and you guys actually forgot to service my car.
S1: So, you come back tomorrow at 730.
Me: What happens if 20 cars come before me? Will I still have to wait?
S1: I will personally put you on the 1st in my list.
Me: I guess I have no choice but to come back again tomorrow (calmly walked away)
S1: (saying something inaudibly)
Me: (Thinking). YOU GUYS CAN KISS MY BUTT!

I can actually go to a nearby workshop for the car service. So, am I coming back there again tomorrow? Maybe! Not because I want to. I just want to pick a fight with them if they cant guarantee that I don’t have to wait long.

You see, what happens about this agent? When they sell you the car, they are so friendly. After you have bought the car, the after-sales service is totally CRAP.

There was a big hole on the sofa in the waiting room. Now they replaced it and managed to put uncomfortable tables and chairs there. Come on, you are spoiling the brand name.

The waiting room at one of its competitors is so cozy with internet, free drinks and biscuits. So, why cant you guys do the same? Spoiling the name of the brand saja

You guys can STILL kiss my butt!

No comments: