Friday, October 31, 2008

Spending my not-so festive seasons


Halloween today! I have cooked (experimenting) some dishes and invited some former students to come to my place for dinner last night. The menu was: Devilled Eggs, Crispy Chricken with Tomotoes and Basil, Baked carrots, Strawberry Chesscake and Toffee Apples. I tried to make the dishes more Halloween themed.

Raya this year is almost over. It started on Thursday 2 October 2008 this year.

I have only gone to fewer than 8 open houses this year - 6 exactly (Cg Hamidah, Cg Noriana, Cg Mashiti, Cg Taufik, Cg Masdiana and Erwin). I nowadays feel less inclined of visiting open houses.

I have the same 'problem' when it comes to Chinese New Year. I should be even more joyful during the Chinese New Year. Again, I take it as a holiday to rest and homebound, rather than outbound.

As for Christmas, I am always away travelling. This Christmas, guess where I am gonna spend it. I will be sitting on a plane on Christmas Eve flying from London to Dubai on Emirates Airlines.

New Year - Last year I was on the RBA plane from London to Dubai. And we didnt know where the time zone was when the clock striked 12...which clock? Which time zone?

Come to think of it, it is rather sad (lol) the way I spend the festive seasons.

No comments: