Thursday, October 16, 2008

Talk Madonna with Radio DJ

It was the usual morning drive to work with Pilihan FM on my car radio. It was DJ Izan again, but surprisingly there were not many call-in listeners this morning. Maybe this is the examination periods and everyone is busy, busy, busy.

She played "Give It to Me" by Madonna, then she talked bout Madonna and Guy Ritchie splitting up. So, since it was a quiet morning, I decided to give her a call ON AIR.

Here is how it went...

Using a hands free kit,

I: Hello
DJ: Hello
I: Hello
DJ: Hello
I: This is Charles
DJ hung up the phone as she couldn't hear me


Then I tried for the second time ...without hands free kit

I: Hello
DJ: Hello, your hands free kit so lousy one. Made in China kah?
I: No lah, I use the original one, which came with the hand phone
DJ: Are you driving as I can hear the echo?
I: (winding up the car window). Ok now


DJ: So what can I do for you?
I: As you were mentioning about Madonna just now, I just wanna say I went to her concert in Paris a couple of weeks ago
DJ: No kidding! So how was it?
I: It was very good.
DJ: Tell me, I want to know everything
I: She sang about 20 songs and the concert lasted for about 2 hours. She changed the music to most of her songs so we weren't able to recognise the songs at first. It was a bit controversial.
DJ: What do you expect? That is Madonna. So any souvenirs for me?
I: Nothing...hahahhahaa.
DJ: You ah. Went to her concert and nothing for Izan. You are making so jealous of you now. I am like licking my wounds. How is the traffic?
I: The traffic is fine as I am driving on the highway from Bandar to Tutong.
DJ: Yeap, of course not much traffic on the highway. So, any song requests?
I: It is okay since you are playing songs from 80s and 90s. Those are my favourites anyway.
DJ: Ok, you have a nice day. Bye
I: you too. Bye


Now I think of it, so weird. And I was actually dumbstruck and sounded monotonous. She must have thought I was boring. What to expect as I was driving!!!!

No comments: