Sunday, September 28, 2008

J'aime Paris

Everytime I come to Paris, I stay at different districts. In 2005, we stayed near the Eiffel Tower in a district called Commerce. That was where many of the middle class Parisians live. A very good and rich area indeed. We always moved to Bastille and Marais areas – very historical areas where the French aristocrats used to stay in the 18th century.

In December 2007, I won a lucky draw stay at Le Meurice, just opposite Le Lourve. Very central and near to all the up market shopping areas but can be very hard to find cheap food.

This time, I stay at a hostel in Latin Quarter. This is where Ernest Hemingway, James Joyce and other poets and writers hung out. There are plenty of bookshops and full of university students, especially it is near to La Sorbonne – the oldest university in Paris.
Everytime I only visit the neighbourhood areas of where I stay, instead of venturing out to other districts. It is like discovering a new soul of Paris in every visit.
More photos here

No comments: