Saturday, September 13, 2008

Countless Good byes

Lately I have been touched by songs about leaving and good byes. I think maybe the reason is seeing some of the SMSO students leaving for overseas studies. I also begin to reminiscing the time when I left Brunei for my overseas studies. I was away for almost 7 years.

Last Sunday this Chinese oldie song from the 80s was played on Wa! TV. The lyrics are cool (like in winter) and it has always been a classic.
大約在冬季 - 齊秦

轻轻的我将离开你 请将眼角的泪拭去
漫漫长夜里 未来日子里 亲爱的你别为我哭泣
前方的路虽然太凄迷 请在笑容里为我祝福
虽然迎著风 虽然下著雨 我在风雨之中念著你

没有你的日子里 我会更加珍惜自己
没有我的岁月里 你要保重你自己
你问我何时归故里 我也轻声地问自己
不是在此时 不知在何时
我想大约会是在冬季

Let me translate this into English:

The title of the song is:

Maybe during the winter by Chyi Chin (Qi Qin).

Silently I am going to leave you. Please wipe away your tears.
In the long nights and days to come. Please don't cry for me, my love
The road ahead is long and winding. Please wish me well in your smile
Although it is rainy and windy, I will be thinking of you.

The days without you, I will look after myself
The days without me, please take good care of yourself
You asked me when I would return home. I also asked myself the same question
Not now, and I dont know when
I think may be during the winter

Again, it sounds a bit lame when it is translated from Chinese to English :)

I have attahed the video from you tube. Gosh, the 80s fashion and hairstyle!!!!

No comments: