Friday, July 18, 2008

My would-be adventure in September


My trip in September is all set and ready to go.
I will be flying to Dubai on RBA on 17 September, stay a few hours at the airport before taking a Qatar Airways flight to Doha then onwards to Paris. I am sure the airport will be jam-packed with scholarships students leaving for the UK and their friends and relatives seeing them off. So I guess I will ask my dad to drop me off somewhere near the parking lots, and I will drag my luggage to the departure hall.

After staying in Paris for 4 days and gonna watch Madonna's Sweet and Sticky concert, I will take a train to Luxembourg and stay there for another 2 nights. Luxembourg is this small country sandwiched among Germany, Belgium and France. I have never been there so I am sure it should be fun as I will be staying at the Youth Hostel.
Okay, now...when I travel, I always stay at hostels. Some of the hostels can be dodgy and horrible, some of them are excellent. Also, you don't have to stay in a shared rooms in hostels; some have private rooms. Before I have the 'habit' of hosteling, I always stay in Bed & Breakfast on my own - It is boring when alone. But with hostels, you can stay in some fantastic buildings and meet lots of wonderful people. I have stayed in a mansion in Scotland, an old hospital in Switzerland, and even a water tower in Austria. And best of all, they are cheaper than hotels. Just look at the reviews from other travellers when choosing hostels. Opt for the higher ratings even the price maybe a bit more. But again, you pay for what you get.
So, after Luxembourg, I will travel to Bremen. Bremen has always fascinated me though I have never been there. My 1st German lesson talked about Bremen. So it is like a must-see thing for me. After Bremen, it will be Dresden (Florence of the North) in the former East Germany, before going 'back' to Berlin for shopping and museum visits.
After Germany, I will fly with Qatar Airways to Dubai via Doha. So I will spend a morning in Doha by walking around. In Dubai, I will visit my ex-colleague David, who is currently teaching there.

It should be a good fun trip ALONE...lol

No comments: