Monday, July 7, 2008

Another culinary adventure

I haven't been blogging for quite a while. It's not only because I have been busy, it's also I have no inspiration at all. Something like a writer's block. Actually I have some 'topics' to write about, but as some of my students always say "Malas!" (Lazy)
Last Saturday I invited 4 of my Accounting students (2003-04 batch) for dinner. As it is a sitting down 3-course meal, I could only invite few of them and not all. I am not gonna say who they are in here, as they haven't signed the release form :p However, they appear in my facebook photos

Starter: French Onion Soup

Main course: Roasted chicken and sausages with sage, served with potatoes and broccoli






Dessert: Raspberry Ice Cream Cake



Review:
The soup was delicious. I used 1 kg of onions and cooked them over low heat for 50 minutes. Then top it up with a slice of french baguette topped with cheese. The main course was good as usual for meat eaters. As for dessert, it was again too sweet. Actually that was a innovated Ice cream cake from Nigella's chocolate ice cream cake. I guess, I will not use the digestive biscuits, but some cereals next time. Healthy, yet delicious.
Since I was staying for the night, I baked 24 banana muffins the next morning for myself. Yummy! Store them, freeze them and eat them later.

No comments: