Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sticky & Sweet in Paris


2 months ago, I bought my ticket to Dubai for this coming September holiday. I managed to book online from RBA at only B$814, normally B$1200+, making a huge saving. Actually I have been to Dubai before, and I just want to go to other countries in the Middle East from there and also visit David and his family (not the AI, but my ex-colleague from SMSO) in Dubai. I was deciding between Iran, Egypt, Jordan and Syria. Travelling around Ramadhan also worries me a bit, as the transport and opening hours will be different from other times. So I finally decide - EGYPT! due to its pyramids and ancient civilisation.
Then I got an email news telling me that Madonna is having a tour. I told myself last year that if I cant decide where to go, I will go to anywhere in the world just to go to her concert. One of my friends has been to her concert and told me it was one of his best life experiences. Is he telling me the truth or he is just some kind of weird fellow that hasn't got a LIFE? hahahaha So I just have to find it out myself. But I am sure that it will be a great experience as the concert will be more like a party. What controversial things she will be doing at the concert this time.
Checking through her tour dates and only the Paris date concides with the school holiday on 20 September. So what to do now? Just book another return ticket from Dubai to Paris.
Getting Madonna's ticket was not that easy. Something to do with the pre-sale or actual sale dates. If I am a fan member, I could buy the ticket (Pre-sale) before the official sale dates, in which I am not. So, I could only buy it on 16 May 2008 at 5pm (Brunei time). I logged on at 5.30pm and was put in the queue system. Silly me, I didnt change the web language to English and was struggling with my poor understanding of French. I waited for about 10-15 minutes on that queue system and managed to get one of the cheapest seats. The more expensive seats were all sold out (within half an hour of the official sale date...wow!) So, now I am waiting for the ticket to be sent by registered post. Hope it dont get lost in the post as the ticket with delivery costs €90+.
So, just waiting waiting before I make the flight booking from Dubai.....

No comments: