Saturday, May 24, 2008

Dedication to Surprise-Spoilers

David Cook - American Idol 2008

David Archuleta - Runner Up


I HATE surprises. Some insensitive people just love to spoil it. They always think they have the DUTY to inform people first hand. No matter what I don't appreciate their kindness. What's the point of going to a movie when someone has already informed you the surprise ending. I have friends telling me the endings of movies, such as "The Others", "The Perfect Storm". Thanks guys, but no thanks. I was so p****ed off!

The American Idol (AI) season finale was on last Thursday. Before I watched the finale on TV, I took several steps to avoid people ANNOUNCING the results to me.
  • I ex-communicated with few friends (for the duration of AI shows) who love to spoil surprises
  • I didnt listen to radio the whole day
  • I didnt log onto the internet, should I ACCIDENTLY read the latest news
  • I read my sms messages cautiously.

I was really surprised with the result. I thought Archuleta would win. His performance on the final show was almost flawless. I got chilled (sounds like Paula) when I heard him sing "Don't let the sun go down on me", "In this moment" and "Imagine". Maybe I have soft spot for slow ballads.

I am not really a fan of Cook but I do agree that he has a excellent vocal, and how his hairstyle changed, though it was not as dramatic as Sanjaya. In the end, I didnt care which David would win. It is still better than Taylor Hicks defeated Katherine McPhee 2 years ago.

I just love when the little David sang "Heaven" and "Apologise" (with a "z" in US). and Cook's winning song "The time of My Life". Frankly speaking I watched the season finale more than once because of these 3 songs.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sir! =D

Ting Ting here! Long time no see! You do love David Archuleta too yeah? He's got such nice voice and almost all of his songs really can touch people yeah? I agree, especially the 3 songs that he sang for the Finale and I watched more than once too. Haha. And I think he could Apologize better than The Republic (not being biased at all) =X Haha.

I was disappointed that Cook won too. Anyway, just hope that David Archuleta would release an album of his own ;)