Sunday, August 3, 2008

Tips to make travelling easier

I just found these travel tips from the http://www.hostelworld.com/ website. As a travel addict, I wanna see how many of the followings I have/havent done:

1. Learn about the culture of the country before you visit it, and try not to look too much like a tourist. Always! as I have bought lots of guide books and do lots of research prior to travel

2. When you travel somewhere forget your map and all the guide books for a while. Sometimes it's better to stroll along the streets and discover things that aren't listed anywhere in the guides but are nonetheless great and interesting and more fun. Never! I feel I will be like a lost sheep without the guide book or map.

3. Visit local restaurants and bars. They are much cheaper and you can try the traditional specialities and even meet the locals. Always! Food is my No. 1 passion

4. Bring a pillow with you for those long bus journeys. Not yet! I should try that sometimes

5. Do not plan too much. You are on holiday! Also, try to have just your essential luggage, not a heavy suitcase. I think I plan too much. But I do travel light.

6. Get one of those thin money belts that fit inside your clothes. That way you can carry your passport and money with you at all times. Yeap, always. Mine is tied around my leg.

7. Be open to everything which may happen to you. There is always something new to learn. Hmmm, sometimes only.

No comments: