Saturday, August 2, 2008

Help! Travel bugs are everywhere!



Without denying, I am a travel addict. I will take any opportunities just to travel. It is not I am trying to show off my travels. It is that I believe, as a citizen of the Earth, it is my priviledge to explore every corner of this planet (I sound like as if I am an alien or something lol).
So, when did the travel bug bite me? It actually bit me after I finished my A Levels. I didnt want to come back to Brunei at that time because I was worried that my grades did not meet the requirements, and I might have to wait for Clearing. So I wanted to be physically in the UK when the results were out. That means I had nothing to do in July and August.
One of my family friends suggested that I could travel. Travel? Alone? Are you crazy!!!!
Then she said if I was worried, I could try out the UK first. So hesistantly I bought an 8-day couch pass. 1st stop - Nottingham as I like the legend of Robin Hood. Then I was homesick after 1 day. Went back to London again, then took a night coach to Edinburgh, Scotland. Due to the Military Tatoo in Edinburgh, all accommodation was fully booked, so I had to stay in a hostel and shared with other travellers in the same room. After that, I was hooked!
My future travel plans are as follows:
September 2008 - Paris, Luxembourg, Germany, Qatar and Dubai
Decemebr 2008 - KL, UK (Prague, Tunisia - unconfirmed)
March 2009 - KL and Hanoi (Vietnam)
June 2009 unconfirmed - Copenhagen (Denmark), Iceland, Greenland

No comments: