Friday, June 19, 2009

The joy of flying

I was supposed to go to Japan this June school holiday. Due to the H1N1 flu scare, I have decided to cancel my trip. Then I found out that Emirates has a great deal flying from Singapore to European cities. And first city comes to my mine is Malta.
Why Malta? Firstly, not a lot of Asian airlines fly there, so the great fare deal is too good to miss. Secondly, I have never been in Malta before.
Few asked me where Malta is. People hear of drinks called Malta as well as Maltesers. None of these are related to Malta. It is a small island nation in the south of Sicily, Italy.
To get here, I flew RBA from Brunei to Singapore. I stayed at the Changi Airport for about 5 hours, before catching Emirates 7-hr flight to Dubai. From Dubai, it is 3 hour to Larnaca, Cyprus. We were not allowed to leave the plane, but stayed onboard for 1 hour. From Cyprus, it is another 2 hour flight to reach Malta. Needless to say, I was very well-fed many times onboard the Emirates.

No comments: