Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Blackout 2009

This is my first blog of the year, and I have to start with this. How depressing!

The Bandar Blackout of 2008 was on 26/27 April 2008. At that time, some places were affected up to 2 days.
The current blackout 'started' last night at around 11pm. I didnt know about it till this morning as I slept early and the weather was cool enough for me not to notice it.


Major inconveniences:
- Ice cream is melting in the fridge
- Grooming for work at morning twilight
- No aircond., no fans, hot hot hot
- No internet
- No TV means no American Idol on SWR
I left my 'blackout'ed village in Pulaie around 8.33pm, and came to my rented house in Sengkurong. Along the way, police was manning major traffic lights, the 'left' side of Jln Gadong towards Beribi (from Riverview Hotel till Land Transport Dept after Supasave), Kebangsaan Lama, Anggerek Desa, The Centrepoint, and many more places are STILL all affected.

What time will the Brunei Blackout 2009 end? And will there be another one?

No comments: